Thursday, May 3, 2018

A post about nothing

I've been staring at a blank piece of electronic paper for too long now, so I've finally flown the white flag on the possibility of writing an original post tonight and will instead resurrect the not-as-popular-as-I'd-like-it-to-be Post About Nothing.  Which I used to call A Blog About Nothing.  But then I got myself better teached about how to speak the language of blogging; turns out whatever I write on this paper is a post, the collection of my posts is my blog.  And there's way too many somethings here to be calling it a blog about nothing.  But this post will contain quite a bit of nothing.  So that's something, I guess.

**Went to a track meet tonight.  I'm a big track fan you know, and if you click on that link you'll find out why.  Not just any meet - my favorite meet.  Held at a neighboring town, at the school my niece attends.  So not only could I watch my two daughters but I could also watch the niece.  My parents came, my sister and husband were there - a Lukey fan club!  The track facility at this school is laid out beautifully so it's easy to move from throwing events to jumping events and still be able to keep tabs on running events.  The schools attending the meet have solid track programs so there's good competition in all events.  And somehow the weather has been perfect both years I've attended.  Daughter One and Niece One both placed highly in their events so their names, our family name, was blasted over the speaker system several times.  Daughter Two PR-ed in the triple jump and was pleased about that.  And we got to watch our superstar male runner light up the track just like he did last year.  Great event.

**Most of my posts about nothing take a moment to bemoan the current Minnesota sports team that is underperforming at the time of the writing.  Introducing this post's team of the moment, your 2018 Minnesota Twins, who are very quickly becoming the fastest team in history to go from contender on paper to flaming train wreck.  Their pitching has been less effective than expected, but at least they are hitting poorly and playing terrible defense!  What a disaster.

**Apparently there aren't too many days of school left in this school year.  People keep asking me if I'm "counting down the days".  No, I am not.  I count the minutes.  Having to wait a whole day to get closer to the end of the year makes the days go slower than they already do.  Counting the minutes gives me the chance to have a mini celebration every sixty seconds!  I love my job.  Really I - whoa, another minute closer!!!

And that's a wrap on my thoughts about pretty much nothing.  Hopefully my creativity will be a little more.....uh, creative?....tomorrow.  Or maybe it's time to head back to the dictionary for a little motivation and vocabulary building.  Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment