Saturday, June 23, 2018

Twitter tidbits.....

Didn't get to keep up with my Twitter feed today; too busy flipping burgers, frying cheese curds, and slowly dehydrating in the 100 degree food wagon.  So now, as I sit on the swing out in my not-as-peaceful-as-I'd-like patio, I get a chance to get caught up on all the quality material I missed during the day.  Such as.....

......Oh gee, a Republican said something stupid.  And oh, look - a Democrat wants everyone to be treated exactly the same.  And golly, can't believe this one - people seem upset with the president.  And wouldn't you know, other people seem upset with the former president.  Life's too short for political nonsense.  Moving on.....

.....to this:


Ha!  Good one!  Except the punctuation is horrible.  Apparently these teachers were so excited to bolt for the summer no one bothered to proofread just a little.  I'm impressed with the correct usage of "you're".....not quite as impressed at the apostrophe being made into an upside down comma in an odd spot.  Speaking of not impressive....



.......sigh.



Hey!  I remember this!


Manute Bol and Muggsy Bogues.  I've never been a huge fan of the NBA, but I clearly remember the shock waves around the league when this 7'7" string bean (Bol) started swatting away shots like they were mosquitos on a patio in late June.  Then he started shooting 3-pointers....brutally ugly shot, but they went in!  Bogues, on the other hand, was 5'3" and could dunk a volleyball.  Which would have been more impressive if that was allowed in basketball games.  And yes, youngsters, there really was a team called the Bullets.  They could shoot the lights out!  Literally.




Oh yeah?  Well I don't follow a basketball feed to get quotes from football coaches.  But he makes a good point.  What about mediocre achievers?  Who likes them?  Or high people?  Wait, that probably won't come across well....




What a beautiful fish.  And look at the lovely fishing equipment!  Huh?  Lady?  What lady?

All right, Tweets are viewed and all is now right in my world.  Except the mosquitos seem to have brought friends to this party.  And the laptop battery is quite low.  And my battery is even lower.  Until tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment