Saturday, July 7, 2018

A day of blah

Is it acceptable to have a completely unproductive lazy day once in a while?

Today confirmed that I've slid fully into summer vacation mode.  I haven't known what day of the week it is for the last two days - but I still remembered to wish my youngest sister a happy birthday!  (a day early).  I can't find a single deadline to be stressed about.  And today I couldn't find a single reason to be stressed at all, thus my opening question.

How should we feel about days like these?  Most folks have them, some less often than others (hopefully).  With a finite number of days available in life, is it really ok to watch one pass by without accomplishing anything?  I have a hard time believing this is common behavior in the animal kingdom.  While it's pleasant to not feel uptight about anything or have stuff hanging over my head, there are plenty of things I could be doing or should be doing and haven't.  Is that really an ok way to spend a day?

Or could this be a healthy way to spend a day (on occasion)?  The early part of the week was exhausting with the traveling we did.  We came home and went right to work on gardens and laundry and lawn care....and today hit a wall.  It seems a bit slug-like to spend a day doing nothing when I've spent thirty-some days in a row NOT going to a job.  But maybe a lack of motivation isn't a sign of laziness....maybe it's a message the body sends when it's in need of a break.  That sounds reasonable, doesn't it?  And rational, acceptable....maybe even enlightening.  So there, I've accomplished something - I had an enlightening thought.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to.....nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment