Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Blog About Nothing

“People who have lives don’t blog.”  I didn’t believe that statement for a long time, thinking that effective blogging depends on wise time management.  Two weeks have passed since my last blog post – it’s really hard finding time to blog in the midst of a busy life.  So tonight I write a post with zero focus and even less forethought while enjoying the final minutes of a day in the life.

Golden State is playing without Steph Curry in game two of their playoff series with the Rockets.  They are on pace for 130 points.  Houston, you have a problem. (GS did win, but "only" scored 115)

Why does our society thrive on mimicry?  Everyone at the Oracle is wearing a yellow t-shirt provided by the Warriors.  I could be wrong but it seems like the Miami Heat were the first organization to give everyone the same color t-shirt at home playoff games, now everyone in the NBA does it.  Oklahoma City fans were all wearing white tonight.  Nearly every player has tattoos celebrating their “individuality”.  Suggest school uniforms and people go nuts.  Strange.

What a Monday.  Tough for students and teachers to crawl back into a school building after a warm and summer-like weekend.  I’d love to see a year-round school schedule but wonder how much fun it would be trying to teach on the Monday after 4th of July weekend. 

“Gotham” finally got interesting again.  Still have a hard time seeing Batman emerge from the scrawny teeny-bopper playing Bruce Wayne.  In fact, most of the good-guy actors are pretty lame – the villains are carrying this thing.

Had to water my garden before bed.  Got a pepper crop started, both bell and assorted hot peppers.  Can’t wait until they can go in the ground.  In the house for now…on my dryer. #gardeninginthecity

The MN Wild are about to win a playoff game.  This would be much more exciting if, you know, I cared.  Playoff hockey is intense, yes, but watch 10 minutes of hockey and very little happens that really affects the outcome of the game.  Much ado about nothing.  Kind of like watching NASCAR on ice.  There, I’ve now offended hockey and racing fans.

Laundry is done for the evening.  Not sure how a single guy can pile up so many dirty clothes.  My daughters aren’t around very much.  I re-wear clothes quite a bit (wait, do my co-workers read this??).  I wash large loads when I do wash.  Maybe the dirty piles would be smaller if I washed more than once a month.  Nah.

Good grief, would the rain stop falling on Target Field so I could finish watching the Twins game?  They finally start scoring a bunch of runs and the skies open up.  Their new guy from Korea shouldn’t have hit his homer so high into the air.


Maybe it’s not life that gets in the way of blogging…perhaps it’s too many TV channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment